Wednesday, July 30, 2008

3 Things



Okay, I have 3 things that need to be said, so bear with me:

  1. LEAVING THE NEST: Our resident birds have left their nest.....so sad. One day Dave and I were watching the nest and Dave commented that the young bird looked like it grew 2 inches over night. A few days later it was out of the nest, resting on the beam and fluffing it's wings...the next day, gone! We've seen them flying around in the back yard a couple of times....mother and baby bird together. She's a good mommy, showing her baby the ropes.

  2. OBSERVATIONS: So, I can tell you that women on an average will ask what the heck happened to my face and men.......they look, take a second look and have this look on their face like they need to beat someone up. They NEVER ask what has happened to my ever-changing face. So, I've come up with my own assessments: women want to help me if I'm in an abusive relationship and men, they're afraid to ask because they feel like they might actually have to go beat up the husband that did this to me. It's been very interesting and if you don't believe me, put some makeup on and try your own experiment. :)

  3. YIPPEE!: We have officially started building our house! I know, I know I can't actually believe it myself. Sunday was our official start date. Dave has been busy over there getting ready to pour footings for our foundation. He put up our temporary power pole with our street address on it. He's such a great guy. Our kids are camping with Nana for a few days, so we're home alone with our dirt to play in. After work today I went and helped him and yes, got all muddy and dirty. It felt GREAT! Our blog will most likely become our house-building blog. I'm sorry if you will be bored, but for our out-of-town relatives, this will be great. Plus I can't help but brag on my awesome husband!

Here's our first picture of our dirt that will slowly become our home and our power pole. (Notice the address: 2009. Coincidentally that will be the year we move in!)





No comments: