Sunday, October 5, 2008

WE HAVE A FLOOR!






Holy Cow! The progress that was made this weekend was INCREDIBLE! Reid showed up Friday and he and Dave finished framing the basement. Erik, bless his sweet heart, showed up Saturday morning at 7 a.m. from Seattle. Dave's nephew, Josh, and his Dad, Gary were all there on Saturday and they got the beams up and Saturday afternoon layed (is that the correct term?)all the floor joists! Sunday Dave, Erik and Reid put the plywood down for the floor on the main level. We were able to walk around the house and check out the view we'll have (mostly just the tops of houses and trees). Dave and JD are over at the house right now (7p.m. sunday) cleaning up the mess. It's really starting to take shape and it would never have happened without the great help from everyone. I got to use an airnailer today. My back is a little sore and so are my forearms (that stupid thing is heavy). Reid pointed out to everyone when we were in the basement that I missed some of the floor joists and went through the plywood...oops! We had a great time this weekend and look forward to another work party!

1 comment:

travelmom said...

I love the picture of you wielding your nail gun! And yes, you need to get new pictures up. And no, I am not mad at you for not telling me you had a blog! Love you Eva girl - by the way, I know you know this, but you are one of the ones I refer to as my "gal pals" in my profile!